Friday, February 10, 2006

Starting Out

Well - this is a first for me.

I'm an e-learning devlopment officer in a UK Higher Education Institution. Part of my job is to look after our VLE (Blackboard), as well as investigate the use of e-learning in teaching and learning. Blogs is one of the things on my 'To Do' list at the moment. So I thought it would be a good start to have one of my own!

Not sure how regularly I'll do this, but I'll try and keep my e-learning musings fairly frequent. At the moment I'm looking at organising an online discussion for staff who want to experience this type of thing for themselves. I need to try and find some good authentic activities for them to do without swamping them wiht too much to read etc. HE staff are very busy, and I would like people to engage in this without feeling I'm taking up too much of their time. At the moment I'm thinking that maybe reading a short article on an issue relating to e-moderating or online discussion and then posting reflections on it would be a good start. I'll let you know how I get on!

No comments: